Welcome to our newly revamped website + feature list
Lire cet article en français "Bienvenue sur notre site nouvellement refait et précisions sur son fonctionnement"
We hope you will enjoy our new design, and please let us know if you have any ideas or comments on how we can improve our site.
We want to point out a few important features about this site:
- OutremontHassid.com is fully bilingual, the interface, menus and content.
- The website automatically detects the visitors computer language and redirects them to that language.
- Every single post is available in both English and French.
- Each post is linked to the its corresponding post in the other language
- Comments on each post match the posts language so that the conversation flows smoothly.
And just a quick note to the many of you out there who have asked why there hasn’t been any new posts lately:
This site is run on a total voluntary basis, and its not so easy finding time when juggling between work, running a family and attending communal obligations.
Our main focus over the past few months was to get a new design up and running (actually, many sleepless nights have gone into redesigning OutremontHassid.com)
And by the way, the most challenging part that was the most time consuming, was to make sure that every aspect of the site is fully bilingual (there still are a few kinks to iron out).
But it’s only due to the huge outpouring of support and encouragement we received since we launched the site, from both, my community and our neighbors, that kept us going.
We look forward to bringing mutual respect and understanding in Outremont.